Thursday, April 8, 2010

WoW!

Now that I've gotten through the basics which is what I consider the Prologue from my non-fiction book, Broken Spirits Lost Souls (BSLS), I can get to the fun of the business of getting to 'The Boarder,' the film version of my recent novel. That still may leave you wondering about the connection of the two books, BSLS and the novel 'The Boarder.'

You've figured out that I'm all about teaching, right? BSLS provides the basic information about attachment difficulties, including the most severe form, Reactive Attachment Disorder or RAD. After BSLS I decided that it would be a good thing to put what we know into a story - the novel and film - that's based on real experiences with disturbed kids.

Occasionally someone says they've enjoyed both books which makes me wonder what's wrong with them. Sure I think both books are great, but then again, it only makes sense that I would! But maybe enjoy isn't quite the right word...

I think the reason anyone writes is to make people feel. So, if reading 'The Boarder' or BSLS makes you feel anything (often uncomfortable, at least) then I'm doing my job. That will be the very same goal when we put 'The Boarder' on film. For some the project could appear like a flashing "Wake up! Wake up!" sign.

At least for the children and the families who love them, I sure hope so.

See you soon. jr

No comments:

Post a Comment