Saturday, May 1, 2010

An update!

Recently I was told that people are actually reading this blog, which came as a surprise because the readers have been so quiet. I'm delighted to hear I have friends on here and would love hearing from more of you.

I'm just back from LA where I had a book signing at the L.A.Times Book Fair on the UCLA campus. What a treat that was and it was even more exciting for readers when they found out that The Boarder is being made into a movie. That announcement adds a lotta buzz, which added to the hum that's coming from Nebraska.

Also, our project Director of Photography and editor, Carmen Cabana, and I held auditions in LA in an effort to find the perfect Annika and Carl, the troubled child. I found it hard to believe, but more than 800 actresses requested auditions for Annika and over 300 kids to try for Carl! I know, that is unbelievable to me, too!

Fortunately we've located the perfect boy for Carl, which for now will remain a secret because I haven't let him know he's been selected until tonight. Once I talk to him I'll put his name and face on the website so you can celebrate with us. We've narrowed the actor for Annika down to two, so it'll take a little while to decide on that one.

Also, on Tuesday of this week I'll meet with our AD, Tyrone Beasley, and co-director, John Beasley to select the rest of the cast members. Once we've made the selections and get their okay, we'll publish their names for all to see.

Since July is coming upon us quickly, our primary effort now is to raise money to fund filming. On May 21st we'll have a lovely dinner and program in Kearney, NE in hopes of attracting investors to the project. If you know of anyone who'd like to invest and help us fund this valuable project please email me at http://www.theboardermovie.com/ so I can personally contact them.

What a fabulous process! Along with meeting so many wonderful people, it's exciting to see that The Boarder project is romping right along. Because this is encouraging to me, I'll make an effort to keep you informed of our progress.

Best wishes, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment