Monday, January 11, 2010

Getting started...

Dear Reader,

Where, and when for that matter, was always the big question. When I decided to write 'Broken Spirits Lost Souls' I hadn't the faintest idea where to start. I'd learned along the way that asking for an answer or a sign often helped, so I tried it and it worked. Then learning how to write my first screenplay was like going into unchartered Martian territory. Then again, I said my prayers and viola!, the finished product ended up on my computer and looked pretty good for a novice attempt.

Even tho' I'm way into adulthood I don't always mind my elders. I was told to hang on to movie screenplays I'd written until I had 17 (a magic number, or what?!) and only then could I offer them to the world. But I couldn't wait that long and spit my favorite out onto some film festivals and was floored when my first, my baby, 'The Boarder' started gathering honors. Wow, that was so thrilling and just the motivation I needed to get me started thinkin I might make a movie out of it. That was going to happen either right before or right after performing brain surgery on my kitchen table. At least that's what I thought back in 2002.

And by now I've discussed filming 'The Boarder' with anyone who'd listen but I still didn't have a clue what it took to get started. I just didn't know how and couldn't find the right person to do it for me. So imagine my surprise when suddenly - or it appeared sudden to those who weren't in my head - I decided to go for it, to try it, and to do it like I mean it.

That's what this blog is about. It's about growing up and learning to take chances even if/when some might think me foolish. Although these notes are several months behind my current situation, I'll just keep writing and eventually catch you up with how this incredible series of events, a series of miracles, really, has occurred. It's a sensational story, so just stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment