Thursday, January 14, 2010

"I keep getting sidetracked..."

Since this 'BSLS' Prologue sets up the whys and wherefors for 'The Boarder, I continue...

"His unusual behaviors? Oh, yes, I keep getting sidetracked with poignant memories of my baby. Although the strange behaviors of children, adolescents and the effects of those characteristics on their families is the focal point of this book, I’m having difficulty getting around to telling you just what happened during Quinn's early life.

"Years ago I was diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), which apparently resulted from sometimes intolerable stress from the life I shared with my child. I don't know if that's true, but I find myself standing on the threshold of my isolated, secret life with a driving notion that I’ve been called to share my story.

"Although I remain fearful that I will be judged and, again, dismissed as just one more kook who fabricated a sad story, I take a deep breath, say a prayer, and begin anyway…"

No comments:

Post a Comment