Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"...then he was off and running."

Dear Readers,

Are you hanging in there with me? I'd love to hear from you if you are. The Prologue from BSLS is long, but since it provides the why for 'The Boarder' it might be important for someone with little previous experience with attachment disorders. Please read on...

"By the time Quinn joined our family, I had two other children, 3 and 2, from the same agency during a time when placement of more than one child per family was unheard of. I was a stay-at-home mother who was determined to go to any length to keep my children happy. Besides, I did not want to disappoint the social worker.

"Then, one month after Quinn came home, I became pregnant. I carried my little one around with me for almost the entire pregnancy since my plan was to keep “Q” as close to me for as long as possible. I wanted to make up for any lapses in attention that might have occurred while he waited to join my family.

"But, a month before the birth, my pediatrician told me Quinn needed to get off my hip and practice living the life of a ground dweller. He was thirteen months old and did not take that quietly. He shrieked for five days, then he was off and running."

Are any of you able to recognize any of your children in the words above? If you have troubled children or can relate to me as a parent, I'd love to hear from you. Thank you. Good night.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment