Friday, January 15, 2010

Hooked from the moment I saw him...

Dear Friends-to-Be,

"From the moment I saw him I was hooked. My first memory of Quinn was of his charm. With a look, he could “work” everyone he met. Even at four months he seemed amazingly old, somehow able to read people and to discern his own wants, then get others to do what he wanted without uttering a sound. Like myself, others were fascinated with the volumes he spoke with the snap of his magnificent eyes.

"But all was not peaceful and silent for long. On the first day, when I attempted to change his diaper, he shrieked uncontrollably, arched his back, kicked his legs, and seemed to try to throw himself off the changing table and onto his head. At first I thought I misunderstood his intent, but the message was reconfirmed each time I changed his diaper. I threw myself across him to protect my infant from harm. His shrieks grew louder and I could not console him. It seemed he did not want to be touched. "

Amazingly enough, even after five days on here I already look forward to reaching out and making contact with you. Maybe some of that fills in the gaps that were left from so long ago. I've grown to believe that we all need each other, recognize the need or not, and I'm no exception.

Fortunately my ability to understand how much I need to relate with others has grown along with my ability to trust. Writing on here daily is becoming part of the process, and I thank you for that.

Sweet dreams for tonight. Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment