Thursday, January 21, 2010

By his nature Quinn was quiet and covert.

Hey there,

Kids with attachment disorders, like their stories, are fascinating and compelling. I'm glad you've come back for, as Paul Harvey used to say, the rest of the story...

"I'm not going to give you a daily chronicle of my son’s life, but will share a list of his significant behaviors and his age when I first noticed them. The appearance of certain traits and the date they were noted were usually two different times. Quinn, by his very nature, was quiet and covert. For those of you who are aware of the roles played by children from dysfunctional homes, sadly, a description which well fit my family, he was my “lost child.” Accordingly, he was amazingly sneaky, so we never really knew what he was thinking or doing.

"Most behaviors didn't appear constantly at first, but crept slowly and steadily into his repertoire. Quinn’s IQ tests, the results of which he could manipulate, indicated he was in the gifted range, yet he spoke only occasionally. There was one obvious exception to his reticence. When he wanted something or was “conning” someone, he was most accomp-lished verbally. His younger brother once described pubescent “Q” as someone who could steal a cow pie from the pasture, convince you it was from the sacred cow in India, and then you couldn’t thank him enough for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of purchasing it for top dollar! My child was a skilled orator when necessary."

For the next week my visits to this site will be less frequent. I'm so excited because tomorrow the cinematographer for 'The Boarder,' Carmen Cabana from LA will arrive and we'll have a solid week for pre-production activities. Much of the planning will take place in Ravenna, Nebraska, so be sure to say hi when you see us around town checking out sites for the upcoming filming.

Have a great week and I'll be back. Blessings to you. Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment