Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's been a long journey...

Dear Readers,

It recently dawned on me that my life trip from a totally overwhelmed mom of highly disturbed kids to wake up standing on the threashold preparing to produce a movie about loving children with Reactive Attachment Disorder has taken 38 years. It was that many years ago when I brought home my first child, the one I'd longed for since I was twelve-years-old.

And like many well traveled lives, my path has not been straight. In order to understand what it was in my life that drove me to step out on faith and reach into the great celluloid unknown, I offer you my story which was published as the PROLOGUE in 'Broken Spirits Lost Souls.'

Like the book, getting from there to here takes several pages, and because of that, this will be presented in installments over the next month. Hang in there. We'll soon be on the same page, but for now, another start...

"God help me, and even though I never wanted to be one of 'those parents,' my very first response, was to say, “My kid would never do something like that.” I wanted to deny it and swear on a stack of Bibles, if that is what it took, to convince others of his innocence. But it was my kid who did it; it was almost always my child. He wore his deviousness like a knight’s suit of armor—poised and ready to defend for truth and honor. And for the life of me I can’t remember when he had either."

While I have fun getting to handle pre-production details I wish you a great day! See you later.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment