Monday, January 18, 2010

"...he seemed to settle into the family."

Dear Readers,

I've missed a little time on here, and instead of sitting at a computer I attended the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Services at the Salem Baptist Church in Omaha. As can be imagined, there was amazing preaching along with a fantastic combined Gospel Choir with well over 1oo voices. Directed by Sister Janet Ashley, the results give a hint of what we might anticipate hearing in Heaven. WoW!

Some of you already know that father (Zeb Williams) in 'The Boarder' is a Baptist minister, and because of that, a gospel choir will take part in the movie. Ms. Janet has been very supportive and is in the process of putting together many of Nebraska's finest singers for the project.

There are some days that the preparatory tasks for 'The Boarder' are too exciting for words, including yesterday eve at the Salem Baptist Church. Along with that, I have my daily tasks, including a continuation of the Prologue from BSLS. Please read on:

"In all fairness to “Q,” there was a short period of time when he seemed to settle into the family. For several months he appeared happy and contented from his perch on my left hip. As an adoptive mother, I could easily have been accused of overdoing for my children. During adolescence, my primary job was that of a babysitter. From fifteen to seventeen, I regularly cared for well over one hundred children and was considered to be the prize sitter on a small military base located in far-off Newfoundland.

"Consequently, my self-esteem was built on my ability to tend and keep children safe in their parents’ absence. In addition, a professional caseworker had given me her “stamp of approval” and recognized my aptitude for being a good parent."

Have a great day. jr

No comments:

Post a Comment